On Wednesday, March 16, GlobalGiving is matching at 30% all online donations up to $1,000 per donor per project! $75,000 in matching funds is available. We want Girls Ed to win some of those funds!
In addition to the 30% match, GlobalGiving is offering a $1,000 bonus to the project that raises the most funds on Wednesday and a $1,000 bonus to the project that receives donations from the most individual donors!
Donate Now (www.globalgiving.org/6852) to Girls Ed and help us support our 47 middle and high school girls in Liberia!
Other big ways to help in this challenge:
- Call or email at least five friends and ask them to donate.
- Post a link to our project page on your Facebook page asking your friends to donate.
- Go to www.girleffect.org to watch a short video about why it is critical to educate girls.
- Educate yourself by reading a book about the importance of educating girls, such as Half The Sky by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl Wudunn (www.halftheskymovement.org)
- Go to The United Nations Girls Education Initiative (www.ungei.org) or read about the United Nations Millenium Development Goals to Eradicate Poverty (www.un.org/millenniumgoals) to learn what the United Nations is doing to promote universal education in the developing world as a means to eradicate poverty.
- Join the CARE Action Network to speak out to policy makers about poverty and injustice (www.care.org). Talk about the importance of educating girls with your representatives, your teen-agers, your partner, your family, at your work place, and with your faith community. Start the conversation about the issue at the grass roots level.
- Support documentary filmmakers who tell important stories of the impact of educational opportunity throughout the world. Buy the DVD and host screening parties to raise funds and awareness. Film suggestions include: A Small Act (www.asmallact.com) and The First Grader (www.thefirstgrader-themovie.com).